SSB Electric Stainless Steel Steam Boilers
- All wetted metal parts are stainless steel.
- Passivation-Pressure Vessel per QQ-P-35 Standard
- NOTE: Water with a minimum of 1 meg ohm-cm specific resistivity must be used for proper & safe boiler operation.
STAINLESS STEEL ELECTRIC BOILERS
Sussman SSB Boilers minimize contaminants because all-wetted metal parts are Stainless Steel. Whenever copper, iron or other materials cannot be tolerated in the steam and/or process, a Sussman SSB Stainless Steel Boiler is the product of choice for clean steam.
- Pharmaceutical, Chemical Process, Sterilization, Food Processing, Cosmetics, Autoclaves and other clean steam.
- Series 304 stainless steel pressure vessel. Series 316/316L pressure vessel available - consult factory.
- Passivation of pressure vessels and fittings
- Built to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes Sect. I UL and cUL Listed. National Board registered.
- Tested to rigid Q.C. Inspection Procedures.
- LOW WATER CUT-OFF/LEVEL CONTROL
Float type automatically maintains proper water level for safe operation and shuts off the boiler when the water supply falls below a safe level. Auxiliary low-water cut-off supplied in addition to primary control as standard
- WATER LEVEL SIGHT GLASS
Permits visual observation of water level while unit is in operation.
- MAIN ON-OFF SWITCH
Permits manual operation of boiler control circuit.
- STEAM STOP-VALVE
Ball valve; quick closing.
- PILOT LIGHT
Indicates boiler on/off condition.
- INTEGRAL ELECTRICAL CONTROL
Magnetic contactors for energizing boiler elements are integrally mounted in the control unit.
- BLOWDOWN/DRAIN VALVES
Permits easy blowdown and draining.
- LONG LIFE HEATING ELEMENTS
Industrial Grade heavy duty 0.420 inch diameter stainless steel sheath heating elements with one piece resistance welded terminations for added life and security.
- OPERATING PRESSURE CONTROL
Automatically maintains pre-set operating pressure within boiler.
- RUGGED INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
- AUXILIARY LOW WATER CUTOFF
- PASSIVATION PER QQ-P-35 STANDARD
- NEMA 1 Louvered enclosure standard
- LINE PRESSURE WATER FEED
Used when incoming water pressure is at least 10 PSIG higher than operating pressure.
MEETING CODE REQUIREMENTS
- Built to ASME Section I for max 100 PSIG. Vessel National Board Registered. Code E certified
- Electrical construction conforms to NEC requirements.
- UL and cUL Listed.
IF A BOILER IS FOR INSTALLATION OUTSIDE THE USA THE CUSTOMER/PURCHASER MUST ADVISE THE INSTALLATION LOCATION TO SUSSMAN PRIOR TO PLACING ORDER. ADDITIONAL COSTS AND/OR OTHER ACTIONS MAY BE INVOLVED IN COMPLYING WITH COUNTRY, PROVINCIAL AND/OR LOCAL JURISDICTIONAL CODE REQUIREMENTS. CUSTOMER/PURCHASER TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADVISING SUSSMAN PRIOR TO THE TIME ORDER IS PLACED.
- STEAM SAFETY VALVE
ASME Code Safety Valve automatically opens to reduce pressure.
- STEAM PRESSURE GAUGE
Allows visual observation of steam while unit is in operation.
- MANUAL RESET PRESSURE CONTROL
Provides high limit pressure cut-off with manual reset feature.
FACTORY AVAILABLE OPTIONS
A complete complement of optional equipment for SSB and other Sussman steam boilers is described in Sussman Product sheets OES. Options covered include water feed systems, condensate returns, progressive sequencers; automatic blowdown systems, blowdown separators, transformers.