SSH Electric Steam Superheaters
Designed to your special heating requirements, the Sussman Series SSH steam superheaters are suitable for the heating of saturated steam under pressurized conditions adding BTU s to increase the quality and raise the temperature of saturated steam to match your process requirements.
The SSH series provides a safe, reliable energy- efficient method for a multitude of industrial applications where house steam or dedicated-boiler steam is available.
Suitable for almost any environment, the SSH is designed for freestanding and in-line superheating including these features:
- ASME Code pressure vessel. National Board registered.
- Standard ratings up to 1000° F/750 PSIG.
- Incoloy 800 high grade Stainless Steel elements.
- Flanged or NPT inlet/outlet connections.
- Just set in place, connect power source and complete inlet/outlet piping.
- Pre-mounted, wired and tested control panel.
- Fully insulated vessel with outer metal enclosure.
- Carbon steel construction up to 750° F discharge temperature.
- Built-in 120V control circuit transformer.
- Electronic digital PID temperature controller and electronic high limit temperature protection.
- Incoming power fully modulated from zero to maximum KW via SCR
- Pressure vessel ASME Code Stamped and National Board registered.
- Built to NEC electrical wiring requirements.
STANDARD OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- NEMA 4, 12 Area classification.
- Superheater and control panel for separate mounting.
- Stainless Steel wetted-parts construction
- Addition of inlet flow switch.
- Inlet and outlet valves.
- Pressures up to 300 PSIG and Temperatures up to 1000°F.
- Voltmeters, ammeters surface mounted on control panel.
- Design and construction available for air, water, oil and gaseous heating requirements.
Sussman SSH steam superheaters are available as multi-stage assemblies with either vertical or horizontal vessel orientations as shown in Fig. 1 and Fig. 2: